Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Bring the Rain

I figured that was an appropriate title because of so many reasons lately.  First off I have been wanting a decent snowfall for years.  I haven't seen a good foot of snow since I was a little child and that was quite a few years ago.  So this morning we were to get approximately 3 inches of snow with some ice on top of that.  So what do we get instead?    You guessed it... rain ALL DAY!  Schools were closed and it has been nice being with Emma and my mother today but I digress.

Secondly, we all hear so many things with the poor economy.  I have lost a considerable amount of my retirement just since October.  So many have lost their jobs.  No pay raises despite bills continuing to rise.  With CHA this week we see how that has hit businesses.   No Scenic Route.  
And even more importantly peoples health.  So many people have had loved ones with cancer or sudden illnesses or worse death.  You are not guaranteed tomorrow people.  Our Father loves us.  He refines us through these fires!  You just have to lay your trust in him.  Someone at my church challenged us to post scripture on our Facebook each day this week.  What a great challenge!!  I would like to challenge you to do the same.  What a great way to witness to others.  So be thankful for what you do have.  Be thankful for family.  Be thankful for food on your table.  And I know some of you grapple with that daily.   It burdens me that some of my dear friends have to choose between medications for their children vs. food for their family.  It just seems so unfair.  But I know God has a much bigger plan.  I heard this song on SpiritFM the other day and I wanted to share it with you.  Please listen to the words and focus on the message.  

2 comments:

Angela L. said...

Beautiful and touching message, Lisa..... I'm sitting here missing you because I haven't talked to you today, sorry just quite a bit going on, but I hope that you're okay! You're right, I have so much to be thankful for and one of those things are your friendship. You truly blessed me so much by the food Monday and I have been eating the leftovers ALL week! Thank you for always being there for me during the good times and even the difficult ones...

Cindy L said...

Hey Lisa, Thank you for sharing this video. I really needed it this week. I am off to find you on Facebook!