Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Myriad of days

Well I have some decent days and some days where I have felt rather depressed!  These personal issues I am going through have really shattered my soul!  Thank goodness God is my glue and my foundation because he keeps my feet planted and me intact!  I wish my mind didn't race a mile a minute.  But on to a better note.......................

I just finished one of the best novels I have ever read.  The Shack is a Christian novel!  And for those of you who know me you know I love to read.  I rarely find a book I dislike!  However I have to say this is the best book BY FAR I have ever read.  It is authored by William Young.  Here is one of my favorite excerpts:

“Unless people speak the truth about what they have done and change their mind and behavior, a relationship of trust is not possible.  When you forgive someone you certainly release them from judgement, but without true change, no real relationship can  be established.”


That quote is so fitting for me right now!   But I leave you with some recent pages!  Enjoy!  OH.... I didn't make the Chatterbox Design Team.  Yes I am disappointed.  It looks like a lot of "famous" scrappers made the cut.  So if that is what they are looking for then by all means.   I will find the Design Team that  fits my style.  In due time!  



OK this is a layout I completed in Raleigh using Stampin Up papers, staples, Kaiser Craft pearls, and a DCWV rub-on.  The picture is of my dd (far left) and two of her fellow cheerleaders season before last.  I love those snaggle tooth grins!  :)



And you know I had to alter my nametag for the Scrappers Dream Vacation!  Used some glimmer mist, Doodlebug jewels, and Heidi Swap damask rubon.  
This is a picture of my father between his two tours of duty to Vietnam!  This was 1968.  I used Bazzill cardstock, Tim Holtz (actually made a bookplate into the brackets) chipboard, Scenic Route chipboard letters, Chatterbox patterned paper, and the chipboard circle I am unsure of off the top of my head.  Used a chalk ink to ink the bracket.  Isn't my dad handsome?
Now these photos are of my daughter and my husband with the puppy Ansel.  I used Sassafras Lass and Luxe Designs patterned paper, Love Elsie patterned paper, American Craft Thickers, Ellison punch (hearts), Queen and Company felt, and a 7 Gypsies tag.  
This is another layout from the Scenic Route class I took at the GASC in Chantilly.  Pictures are of daughter in paint booth at Amazement Square.  

Thanks for looking!  

3 comments:

Stacey said...

::hugs:: about Chatterbox. You will find the perfect fit for you one of these days!!! I love seeing your work. That book sounds like a good read! Have a great weekend!!!

Anonymous said...

think of you often and know what you are going through is not fun at all....(((hugs)))

love your layouts!!!

PeggyR said...

LOVE that quote from the book you read. Fits right in with what my pastor and I have been discussing.